Powered Skateboards Continue to Grow in Popularity Across the Country
There is still on the ground in many parts of the country, but that does not keep skateboarding enthusiasts from thinking about warm spring days. And the Groundhog may have seen his shadow last week, but that does not mean that there are plenty of battery skateboard owners who will be looking for isolated warm days during the next six weeks of groundhog proclaimed winter when they can try out their motorized longboards and various kinds of battery skateboards.
Winter can seem long to everyone, but if you are someone who loves to be out on the roads and in the parks on your skateboard the ice and the snow are a major disappointment. And while a casual skater, someone who skates 25 or fewer times a year, may be able to go months without getting out, a core skater, someone who skates 26 or more times a year can go a little stir crazy if they are stuck inside and off their skateboards more than a week.
Fortunately, even when it is not the perfect weather for skateboarding, these enthusiasts can occupy their indoor hours shopping for different and newer kinds of skating options. Consider some of these statistics about the number of people who skate in the U.S.:
- 77.1% of all skaters are male, while 83.4% of core skaters are male.
- 23.9% of all skaters are female, while 16.6% of all core skaters are female.
- 500 skateboarding parks exist in the U.S. right now.
- 11 million people self-report that they enjoy skateboarding on a regular basis.
- A mere 3.1% of skateboard sales occur in sporting goods stores because as many as 77% of skateboarders prefer to shop with small specialty brands rather than the top brand names that are on the market.
- Worldwide, U.S. accounts for more than 50% of the total skateboarding market.
You can curse the Groundhog all that you want, but the fact of the matter is if you are a skateboarder you know the impatience that can set in as you wait for the white stuff to melt, the temperatures to warm, and the chance to get out and ride from sunup to sundown!